The Titan 2 Rig holds two small cameras pointed in the same direction. Intended uses for this rig include:
- Synchronized photos from normal and infrared cameras for vegetation analysis
- Synchronized photos from normal and Infragram cameras for vegetation analysis
- Synchronized photos from two normal cameras with different exposure settings
- One camera recording photos, one recording video
- One camera capturing wide angle stills, one capturing zoomed in stills.
- Your idea here!
The raised lips at the back of the camera trays allow both cameras to be easily attached and immediately aligned to capture the same scene. The tilting tray allows oblique photography as well as vertical mapping photos. The shoulders of the upper frame can hold electronics for synchronizing camera shutters or other tasks. All camera controls and the LCD are always accessible. Twelve brackets allow attachment of legs and bumpers in many configurations for camera protection. Legs and bumpers are easily removed or reconfigured for changing conditions (wind) or requirements (kite vs. balloon). In effect the tray has three camera platforms and is therefore reversible; this can make it easier to drill tripod screw holes for multiple camera models. Also included is a single-camera tray which can replace the dual-camera tray. This converts the Titan 2 Rig into a Redstone Rig for single-camera photography. The Titan 2 Rig is easily attached to either a Picavet or pendulum suspension.